Proposed 2018-19 School Year Calendar
|Month||Holidays and Other Days when School is not in session||Number of Days School is in Session for Students|
|September 2018||September 3: Labor Day
September 10: Rosh Hashanah
September 18: Yom Kippur
|October 2018||October 8: Columbus Day (Staff Development Day)||22|
|November 2018||November 6: Election Day (Staff Development Day)
November 22-23: Thanksgiving
|December 2018||December 24-December 31: Winter Break||15|
|January 2019||January 1: New Year’s Day
January 21: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
|February 2019||February 18-22: Mid-Winter break||15|
|April 2019||April 19-26: Spring Break||16|
|May 2019||May 27: Memorial Day||22|
|June 2019||June 5: Eid Al Ftr||17|
- The school will have 190 days of instruction.
- The first day of school for students will be Monday, August 27, 2018.
- The last day of school for students will be Wednesday, June 26th, 2019.
The school year will be broken into four marking periods:
- The first marking period ending on or about October 26, 2018.
- The second marking period ending on or about January 11, 2019.
- The third marking period ending on or about April 18, 2019.
- The fourth marking period ending a week before the last day of school.